Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 99 TJ off a girl about 4 years ago. Great ride, love it. She dropped by a few days ago with these brackets and said they go with the Jeep. I have no idea what they are. Can anyone help.

The first pic is of a bracket about 2 foot long and about 3" wide. It's kind of U shaped where the slot is.

The second pic is of two pieces of 1 1/4 square tubing about 4 feet long. One has a little cup shaped piece in the middle and two 6" pieces of 2" square tube welded to it. The other has two hole drilled in the pieces at the end and on one side the holes are threaded 5/16 course threads.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
Kinda makes me think maybe they're for an aftermarket soft top that used an older style of "erector set" top support mechanism. At one point you couldn't buy the factory style soft top support from anyone but Jeep.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Fold-able bike rack, but missing pieces.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK so I guess I can make a receiver hitch for my 4-wheeler with one piece and trash the rest. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
539 Posts
Maybe you're missing the intended purpose. Young lady shows up 4 years later? Hmmmm......maybe it had nothing to do with the jeep. ;-)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did you ask her out, duh?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all for their input.

With your help I have it figured out. The first photo is of the top piece of a Tomken Jerrycan highlift holder

The second pic is of the uprights from a Tomken Rocky Rack.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts