Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
It will if your pocketbook is willing.

Reactions: Cummins_Powered

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Kieth Craft Ford BB? oh boy let the ponies run.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It will fit, no problem! Just put it in and get rig of the Pentajunk piece of shit you got now.:beerme:
I just have to disagree with you on this. I know it's not the first time you have come out against the Pentastar. There are more here that have the complete opposite opinion that yours.

Mine 12 has been utterly reliable (except for the bad head that was replaced under warranty and has been fine since that) and I have enough confidence in it, I bought my wife a WK2 with the Pentastar.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I think people who are bashing Pentastar may feel overwhelmed by the number of issues posted on forums, while failing to take in account those millions of Pentastars, that have been running trouble free and continue to do so. They may also be largely unaware of how the competitors alternatives compare to Pentastar.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Pentastar only got 5K on it so far, but has been perfect other then bad gas mileage. 12/13 on a stock JKS.
I would have no problem buying the gladiator with it in, if they built one with a 6 foot bed.
I like the power it has and the way it sounds. But to each their own.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I now get 16-17 mpg average. With the mystery motor I would be getting around 3 mpg. At $22 per gallon. 116 octane racing fuel. Although I could get anywhere a little quicker, unless I ran out of fuel. I might have to upgrade everything that rotates from the engine. 1017 hp with nitrous might break a few stock parts. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think people who are bashing Pentastar may feel overwhelmed by the number of issues posted on forums, while failing to take in account those millions of Pentastars, that have been running trouble free and continue to do so. They may also be largely unaware of how the competitors alternatives compare to Pentastar.
Perhaps not the Pentastar itself, overall, but somebody has to be low-man on the reliability totem pole and sadly the JK doesn't inspire confidence, if you ask me. I've been on vehicle-specific forums for as long as they have existed (longer... including the old days when they were still called "mailing lists" and not forums) for many of the 60+ vehicles I've owned. I can't think of a single vehicle for which I've seen both the number, range and severity of failures represented here. Perhaps worst of all, the same failures seem to appear consistently over the span of many years, even after they're supposedly fixed. Sure it's anecdotal but we work with the information available to us and experience does count for something.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I would make a comment about how well my Jeep runs but we all know what happens the minute that you make a statement like that. :blackeye

Reactions: mcguirev10
1 - 20 of 28 Posts