Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nav. radio N430 was replaced two times and each one didn't work.
Both of them the hands free phone function didn't work.
The service adviser said sometimes they have to replace the radio 4 to 5 times before they get a working one.
Could this be true or they do not know how to activate the functions of the head unit?

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Do you have the Connectivity Package from the factory?

You need that option to add Bluetooth and Phone connectivity. It does not come standard on the 430N radio (Bluetooth comes standard only with the 730N radio).

If you do have the Connectivity Package, then the service advisor needs to look at replacing the Bluetooth module. Its separate from the 430N itself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have the Connectivity package. The radio was fully working for 6 months.
The dealer told me Jeep gives them refurbished radio's as replacements and many are broken. They told me I could replace the radio 5 times before I get working one.
That sounds crazy to me.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Holy S***! I doubt they know what they are doing. The HU are plug n play. Super simple to install. Haven't heard of any dealers like that.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
The dealer told me Jeep gives them refurbished radio's as replacements and many are broken. They told me I could replace the radio 5 times before I get working one.
That sounds crazy to me.
Sounds more like they aren't enabling the Bluetooth module, and just keep replacing the head units until they happen upon one that came with the Bluetooth module already enabled.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
And for the record I like my 730, it works just fine and after doing all the software updates, any weird issues I had are gone.
+1 :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts