Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This being my first Jeep I was wondering if anyone else has these pet peeves.

1) The turn signal cancel is waaaayyy too sensitive. Turn an indicator on then just barely tweak the wheel in the opposite direction and the indicator goes off. Gets a little irritating as you are trying to line up properly in a turn lane.

2) Do we really need the high beams to come on by pushing the turn signal stalk forward? Did we do a study that found pulling it back just wasn't good enough? While it is not very common I have found myself inadvertently turning on my high beams when reaching for the turn signal. Heck, this old schooler wants to know what was wrong with the floor foot switch, especially on an automatic, but that is whole 'nother subject.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
IDK......no issues with turn signal lever, seems about the same as other vehicles I have driven.

I suspect the reason behind having to push the lever forward for high beams is because of the "flash to pass" feature which is activated by pulling the lever back. As soon as you let go, it returns to the neutral position.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
It sure is bright......and annoying. LOL

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
This being my first Jeep I was wondering if anyone else has these pet peeves.

1) The turn signal cancel is waaaayyy too sensitive. Turn an indicator on then just barely tweak the wheel in the opposite direction and the indicator goes off. Gets a little irritating as you are trying to line up properly in a turn lane.

2) Do we really need the high beams to come on by pushing the turn signal stalk forward? Did we do a study that found pulling it back just wasn't good enough? While it is not very common I have found myself inadvertently turning on my high beams when reaching for the turn signal. Heck, this old schooler wants to know what was wrong with the floor foot switch, especially on an automatic, but that is whole 'nother subject.
1) Just take a little getting used to, nothing to go crazy over.
2) It is now a "safety" feature much like TPMS. I call it an "anti retard" feature. Tons of people would flash someone, then drive around with highbeams on for 13 weeks. This way it takes the control away.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1) Just take a little getting used to, nothing to go crazy over.
2) It is now a "safety" feature much like TPMS. I call it an "anti retard" feature. Tons of people would flash someone, then drive around with highbeams on for 13 weeks. This way it takes the control away.
Great. Now I am flashing everyone because my fingers bump the turn stalk forward. Time to come up with a "anti joeuncool" feature. I know! A toe operated switch on the floor! Ahh, those were the days. :thumb:

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I fondly remember the dimmer switch on the floor.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I remember as a kid on long trips when I was sleeping I could here the "click or pop" from the high beam floor switch being activated on and off.

Perhaps due to water fording and interior wash downs it's been moved off the floor for Jeeps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same problem with my JKU but I have been driving Nissan Patrols for the last 15 years and they are exactly the same. In fact every Nissan I have ever driven does it. It's a real PITA!

The high beam thing doesn't worry me. Most Japanese and all Australian cars have been like that for a long time now. It seems to be a defacto standard. Having said that I bought my wife a new Mitsubishi Lancer and they are still the pull back to dip and flash kind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts