Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patch it or get the tire replaced with my DTD road hazard warranty?
Discuss

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I would have it replaced if it's not going to cost you with the warranty; why not. That should include balancing I would hope.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can get it replaced for free why wouldn't u that is a stupid question
Well its not *exactly* free. I think I have to send the old tire back and I still have to get it mounted. So I figure it will cost near $80, give or take a few to get the new one put on.
(current have about 10k on them)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
R4D4R said:
Well its not *exactly* free. I think I have to send the old tire back and I still have to get it mounted. So I figure it will cost near $80, give or take a few to get the new one put on.
(current have about 10k on them)
Ahhhh well patch it till it leaks again or just pop it on the spare and say f it lol

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Isn't a nail in a tire exactly the reason why people buy the DTD warranty? If you're not going to use it, then you threw your cash away.

This is why I didn't buy the replacement tickets for my new tires. I'll take my chances.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Farnham21 said:
If you can get it replaced for free why wouldn't u that is a stupid question
Is it?
What if tire is 60-80% worn? So going to ride uneven with 1 new tire?
What if his policy has limited number of claims? (I have no idea)

Basically there are factors; hence his reason for asking.
We need more info.

But if his tires are getting worn and he will be buying tires soon and buying the same kind he can use claim for tire which he can put in garage and then patch the hole (easy DIY and kit avail at any auto store). Then when buying tires only need to buy 3.

·
The Bad Guy
23,243 Posts
Road hazard insurance usually covers the repair of the tire. If it can't be repaired, such as a side wall cut, then they replace it. The replacement usually has a prorated amount for mileage. Check the terms of your agreement.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I'd plug it, easier then taking the rim off! Don't ya have tire plugs in your tool kit? :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
sevenservices said:
I'd plug it, easier then taking the rim off! Don't ya have tire plugs in your tool kit? :)
X2 Tire plugs are always in the glovebox and have bailed me out many times. A small 12 volt air pump too, better than jacking up and changing the tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts