Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bought this 2008 Sahara in June the guy I bought it from got it from an auction and didn't know much history. It's running on 35's and drives down the highway nice. Any guesses as to what lift it has?? Just a body lift? If you need a different pic to guess let me know and I'll take it!! Thanks for your help. I had a built Samurai but the family out grew it so four doors are life changing!! Travis

·
Super Moderator
14,584 Posts
Snap a shot of the rear track bar axle and frame mounts. Based on the front sway bar links, it has some amount of suspension lift.

·
Super Moderator
14,584 Posts
Based on 3 things, the rear track bar bracket with the cam bolt, the front sway bar links that are not straight and the front springs with a lot of coil wraps, I'm going to say the lift is a Pro Comp 2.5.

My app is giving me trouble, I'll try to add a photo later.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Based on 3 things, the rear track bar bracket with the cam bolt, the front sway bar links that are not straight and the front springs with a lot of coil wraps, I'm going to say the lift is a Pro Comp 2.5.

My app is giving me trouble, I'll try to add a photo later.
I was going to say the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. I concur. The cam bolt seems to be pretty unique. Glad I'm happy with the way it drives Pro comp doesn't get great reviews...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome. I concur. The cam bolt seems to be pretty unique. Glad I'm happy with the way it drives Pro comp doesn't get great reviews...

·
Super Moderator
14,584 Posts
I can't recall ever riding on Pro Comp springs or shocks... Usually the shocks and lack of caster correction and brake line brackets, etc, give them a less than desirable review. I met with one of their Regional Sales Managers and Design Engineers a few months back and was told they are in the process of revamping their lifts for JK's. We'll see I guess...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Make sure you bend the brake line away from the shock so you don't rub a hole in it. A little bit is easy enough.

·
Super Moderator
14,584 Posts
Make sure you bend the brake line away from the shock so you don't rub a hole in it. A little bit is easy enough.
Nice catch! @dichdoc In post #6 you can see the rub on the shock. You want to bend the metal part of the brake line so that the flexible portion doesn't touch anything during suspension movement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts