Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda partial to using NAPA brand parts, and while thinking about ordering something online, I noticed that NAPA has two different brands/versions of parts "Echlin" and "Mileage Plus".

Other than price, do any NAPA guys know of any significant difference between the two brands? Obviously Echlin is meant to be the "premium" brand but is going "generic" Mileage Plus necessarily bad?

Looking to replace my Idle Air Module BTW.

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
I used to own a NAPA. The milage plus is the "off shore" version and Echlin used to be made in the USA or other first world manufacturers but its been 10 years so for me that may have changed. Beck Arnley was also an option in my time at NAPA and was my choice for sensors and such as they are an OEM supplier and we had very good luck with them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Napa know how napa know how nnnnnnnnnapa know how

·
Registered
645 Posts
Some stuff is very different.. others not so much. All depends on which part. The mileage plus IAC should be decent. The tuneup parts are alot cheaper made then the echlin brand though. I've worked in a shop thats connected to a napa store for 20 years now. Learned which parts you can get away with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts