Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Rubi Call of Duty with Nav and touchscreen. I have the display set to auto adjust between day and night brightness, but it is not adjusting. I have to change it manually. I must be missing a setting somewhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
^^This
When you adjust the Dash lights with the Signal light "Multifunction" stick, you can defeat or enable the auto dimming. Example, if you set your Nav to Auto Dim, and your Lights to come on automatically with your wipers (You can set that in your EVIC), the Nav will dim even if it is daylight, in that case you can turn the interior lights ring on the stick and make the nav go to full brightness.

dp

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx guys. so I need to have my lights set to auto and the autodim on the nav should kick in. Makes sense now, I'll give it a try! Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
530 Posts
On my 2013 I was stumped on this for a bit. I set it to auto on the 430N but it wouldn't change from day to night. I never use the auto headlight because of the lag in tunnels.

Found out you can't have your dash light dimmer full bright. One detent back on the dimmer stalk and it works as advertised.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Make sure you do not have the dash lights all the way up, or it will never auto change. turn them about half way and them adjust to your liking. (not on the radio)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's it! I had them all way up. Thanks for helping me out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts