Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the fall coming I see a lot of naked driving ensuing. Down here in south LA it's been known to rain unannounced. Just wanting insight into real life experience of the navigation (430n) getting wet (which I'm sure is inevitable).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Uhm. It's electronic. Very electronic. Electronics and water don't mix.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been caught once or twice and didn't experience any issues. One of the times it rained a lot, but I was parked facing up an incline. Turns out the windshield roofline covered it. Everything else was soaked.

I try real hard to keep an eye out for rain. Even ran out in the middle of the night when unexpected rain woke me up.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've always wandered why they don't put a marine grade radio in these for this reason.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've always wandered why they don't put a marine grade radio in these for this reason.

I have wondered the same thing for awhile now.

We just took delivery of our 13 sahara w/ 430 nav.
live in Fl and therfore we know its gonna rain during the summer at unexpected times.. So I have just decided that the front Freedom Panels will have to stay in the back for that moment when we run into a down pour...

WOuld be cool if they had some time of plastic attachment piece of some sort to put over the navigation or head unit to keep it from getting wet during a topless drive when it starts raining. :cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I guess they figured none of the other electronics are weather proof either......like the steering wheel clock spring. Seems like the bean counters win over the engineers these days......or the engineers are not engineering for those that use their Jeep.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have wondered the same thing for awhile now.

We just took delivery of our 13 sahara w/ 430 nav.
live in Fl and therfore we know its gonna rain during the summer at unexpected times.. So I have just decided that the front Freedom Panels will have to stay in the back for that moment when we run into a down pour...

WOuld be cool if they had some time of plastic attachment piece of some sort to put over the navigation or head unit to keep it from getting wet during a topless drive when it starts raining. :cool:
A member on here made one a while back and was going to bring it to market, I don't know if anything ever came of it. Alternatively, get yourself one of these and keep it in the back:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11174_1051_07.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts