Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my buddies 2010 oe navigation unit for my 15. I have the cheap oe factory CD player now. Will I need anything else for the install? Thanks. I did a search and really couldn't get the info I was looking for.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm buying my buddies 2010 oe navigation unit for my 15. I have the cheap oe factory CD player now. Will I need anything else for the install? Thanks. I did a search and really couldn't get the info I was looking for.
Which radio are you getting? The 2010 730N RER is not compatible with the 2015 Wrangler. The 430N was offered in 2010 on 2011 model year vehicles.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Which radio are you getting? The 2010 730N RER is not compatible with the 2015 Wrangler. The 430N was offered in 2010 on 2011 model year vehicles.
That is incorrect. All JK's have the same can-bus speed and that unit will work fine. However the bluetooth is phone only. You will also need the GPS antenna. Also a sat radio antenna if your 15 did not come from the factory with sat radio.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That is incorrect. All JK's have the same can-bus speed and that unit will work fine. However the bluetooth is phone only. You will also need the GPS antenna. Also a sat radio antenna if your 15 did not come from the factory with sat radio.
It is not incorrect. It's not a matter of bus speed.

2007-2010 MyGIG 730N Navigation

RER - Featuring North American maps by Navteq. Manufactured by HB. The 2007 model was released with buggy application firmware and the 20GB Hitachi hard drives that are now notorious to crash. In 2008 HB replaced the HDD with a more reliable Samsung 30GB, the application firmware and map database were now a lot easier to use. In 2009 HB added the "iPod integration" feature which allowed users to connect a Mopar iPod integration cable to the system to relay audio, control the iPod from the touch-screen display, and charge the iPod device simultaneously. In 2010 HB didn't make many changes to the main board, just firmware updates. In 2011 HB started to slowly phase out the RER platform only releasing minimal quantities made for high speed CAN-C vehicles & the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. All RER radios feature built-in UConnect hands-free, Sirius satellite radio, and Sirius Traffic.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler GPS Navigation RER 730N Radio

VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY

2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check the model number. It's being taken out today. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
It will work. Unless you are getting it for free, I would spend that money on an aftermarket HU. I have 2009 that came with the 730N and I replaced it with a Pioneer 2700BS. Better headroom on the Pioneer than the OEM.

·
Registered
92 Posts
IDK about the 730N but I can tell you the 430N would not be worth the time to install. If you are just going to use it for phone calls maybe, but the maps probably need to be updated and the music via bluetooth is really terrible. I have the 430N and it constantly cuts out or skips like a scratched CD. I haven't tried the HDD yet, but I can imagine the menus to access the music is not going to be the most intuitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts