Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have one works well,:iamhappy:
What all comes with it and did you order anything else from then? It seems the module comes with and the harness to plug it into the radio.

Did you need to order another connector for the rear camera? I plan on buying this. I have mounted my rear camera and plan to install a front camera. So wondering if I need to order 2 more harnesses or something from them? Or is everything ready if the module?

Just want to make sure I get it right the first time since there customer support seems very lacking!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Some experience with them

I ordered it for a 2015 with a 730. I chatted with them prior to placing the order. I was told the wiring was included for adding a front camera and it was not. I ordered for a manual and it came programmed for a auto. I asked for a RMA and was ignored. After a month of calling daily and emailing I finally received a response that the cables were shipped. Never happened. And now I just filed a chargeback with AMEX. The product does seem to work well but they will tell you anything to get your money.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
It comes with just the wiring for a rear camera only. Beware they will tell you it comes with the wiring to add a front camera also but it does not.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it truly "Plug-N-Play"? Or are there wires that need to be found and spliced? I was reading the instruction manual online and seems like there are a few wires to hook up, not just plug the unit into the back of the radio. I installed everything for the backup camera ready to be flashed by the dealer, but this looks like a better option for more features.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
Is it truly "Plug-N-Play"? Or are there wires that need to be found and spliced? I was reading the instruction manual online and seems like there are a few wires to hook up, not just plug the unit into the back of the radio. I installed everything for the backup camera ready to be flashed by the dealer, but this looks like a better option for more features.
Up at the head unit it's plug and play. For the camera you have to tap into the reverse wire at the back end. Right hand side on top of tub under carpeting. White with grey stripe is the wire

·
Registered
151 Posts
Up at the head unit it's plug and play. For the camera you have to tap into the reverse wire at the back end. Right hand side on top of tub under carpeting. White with grey stripe is the wire
So no tapping into wires for the NAVTOOL? I already have the camera wiring run and wired, ready to flash. I like the NAVTOOL for the extra features.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
So no tapping into wires for the NAVTOOL? I already have the camera wiring run and wired, ready to flash. I like the NAVTOOL for the extra features.
Nope. Just remove the factory harnesses from the radio and use the provided cable and install the navtool device and you're golden. One end of the cable plugs into the big connector you took off head unit. Smaller connector plugs into navtool and last connector plugs back into the head unit. Simple. Just make sure not to punch any wires when pushing head unit back into place. With the navtool you don't need the dealer to flash.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nope. Just remove the factory harnesses from the radio and use the provided cable and install the navtool device and you're golden. One end of the cable plugs into the big connector you took off head unit. Smaller connector plugs into navtool and last connector plugs back into the head unit. Simple. Just make sure not to punch any wires when pushing head unit back into place. With the navtool you don't need the dealer to flash.
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well installed unit, rear camera works fine, but no video in motion, any input would be welcome.....
2016 JKUHR 6 manual with 430N with uconnect

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quick question? My camera came with an rca cable and an extra red wire coming off at each end. It says you need to hook this up to ignition is this needed? And wrangler4evr did you have to hook up anything extra being a manual?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe if you want to view camera anytime, not just in reverse you have to hook the red wire to ign, and you will have to reprogram the tool for manual trans.
Download the updater from there website, plug into laptop, power up unit in jeep, search for updates for year and model, flash unit.
Worked great for me.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
I believe if you want to view camera anytime, not just in reverse you have to hook the red wire to ign, and you will have to reprogram the tool for manual trans. Download the updater from there website, plug into laptop, power up unit in jeep, search for updates for year and model, flash unit. Worked great for me.
I just had mine installed today in my JKU auto trans. When the jeep is in Drive you hit the middle button on the left hand side on the back of the steering wheel control for 3 seconds and it will display the view from camera while in motion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Navtool manual

I have had mine for a year now and I love using it. Especially when I have a passenger and I am lost. Does anyone have a copy of the manual as the support at navtool is a bit slow for lack of a better word.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts