Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I know Poison Spider looks amazing yet they are out of my price range at the moment and my "rigged" home-made rear bumper is falling apart/beat to pieces. I have heard positives and negatives on a lot of bumpers and understand that we are all for USA made stuff on here (most people on WF hate smittybilt/chinese stuff). I need to add that I don't do any real rock crawling so I won't need the toughest thing on earth. I am in Eastern NC and mostly beat around in the woods and go through mud/hilly terrain.

I live in North Carolina and would definitely love it if a local shop/fabricator (NC,TN,VA,SC) had something reasonable. I am open to used, un-finished(not painted), and just about any suggestion. I have 2 great welder buddies who I could convince to put something together but neither wants to cut and custom fab something.

I have an 01 TJ with 35's and need the hitch as well as big tire swing out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The one I have is made by a guy in Corona California in his garage. If you can't find one close to home I know that he ships. He can be found on Ebay under The Dirt Worx. Not a bad setup for around $400. Tell him you don't want his standard threaded system for keeping it closed and he'll upgrade it to a much better system. Call Robert at 909 815 2905.
Here is a shot of mine in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
The one I have is made by a guy in Corona California in his garage. If you can't find one close to home I know that he ships. He can be found on Ebay under The Dirt Worx. Not a bad setup for around $400. Tell him you don't want his standard threaded system for keeping it closed and he'll upgrade it to a much better system. Call Robert at 909 815 2905.
Here is a shot of mine in use.
A friend has a dirt worx bumper and it is very nice. Mine is somewhere with UPS right now. Great bumper combo for the price.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dirt Worx looks great! Will check them out for sure. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I too have dirt worx didny know he made them with different locking system. Screw works fine just a pain.
All the name can mounts are flat drilled plates Id get them because if you ever change your mind ......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just to give a better look. Here is my Dirt Worx with the optional latch system. I also had him add a "ring" behind the latch so that I could put a pad lock on it to keep the honest people honest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Any sagging from the tire carrier on this setup?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
calkid, thanks! Looks awesome!!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
no sagging that I can see. I used a heavy coated cable thru the cans and through the tire and a heavy duty lock. It could be compromised but it'd take time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I switched the rear coils to the new Currie heavy duty 4" coils and they work great even with full gas cans and kids in the back seat. They still ride good unloaded and were a perfect choice for me. And the duct tape....Robert wanted a picture when the bumper was new for marketing purposes, guess it didn't work so well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts