Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if any of you have found this out but
If you push the traction control button once it shuts it off- BUT
if you put hold it for 15 seconds it shuts it off to the next level..
There is like 3 levels of off. 1 is hitting the button once 2 is holding it for 15 sec and 3 is that crazy steering wheel puzzle which I never figured out.
but it did make a difference in the snow and being able to really spin the wheels for power while keeping the BLD working

P Scott - or maybe I dont know what Im talking about LOL

:bop:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Congrats ! , but I thought that was a common known thing. Just saying....lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there a fuse or something u can break and make sure that either traction control will never work or be off! when u press the ESP button! my 02 golf has a similar button that works, can i gt to the dealer and ask them to fix it and return there after every time i goo off roading. Btw how long is 15s and does it have to be on 4hi to work, all i want is my rwd sports trac feel sliding for days!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Don't think '12 or newer has the disable feature any longer....or I could just be spreading FUD...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hmmmmm. When I depress my ESC button, it doesn't do a thing. No chime, no dahslight, nothing....only in 4Lo does it seem to be off. Six for me I guess....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hate to be that guy, because I hate electronic nannies, and this is the first first car I've ever own with them (second if you count ABS). But, what is the point? The TCS and ESC are off when you're offroad, as they should be, but when you're on the road, this is not a sports car. We're not doing burnouts and donuts. Unless you people are, in which case, I'm totally for it. I'm a huge advocate of not having nannies, but I accept that the on-road dynamics of a wrangler are absolute crap. --- Which is probably why this thing would be a ton of fun for hooning. I think I withdraw my question...

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I hate to be that guy, because I hate electronic nannies, and this is the first first car I've ever own with them (second if you count ABS). But, what is the point? The TCS and ESC are off when you're offroad, as they should be, but when you're on the road, this is not a sports car. We're not doing burnouts and donuts. Unless you people are, in which case, I'm totally for it. I'm a huge advocate of not having nannies, but I accept that the on-road dynamics of a wrangler are absolute crap. --- Which is probably why this thing would be a ton of fun for hooning. I think I withdraw my question...
LOL...I'm glad you were able to answer your own question.

But here is an easy way to look at it.

Wrangler's have exploded in popularity. A lot of people buy them because they think they are good winter vehicles (which is wrong, they are great severe weather vehicles, but that is different than a winter vehicle). So you have a bunch of people coming from FWD sedans and AWD cross-overs having no clue how to handle a RWD, near 300HP vehicle on ice.....especially when noobs run out and get the worst possible tires (wide MT's) to drive on packed snow and ice.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts