Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m feeling like an idiot but... is there anyone out there who can give me some guidance on getting attachments onto my Nebo roof rack? I read that it accepts “10 series t slot mounts” on their site and kind of assumed that meant normal Yakima etc stuff would work. I bought the Yakima recovery track mount for my maxtrax and they don’t fit, the Bolt they supply is too wide to fit into the gap in the t slot and the t slot nut is too large to fit into the nebo tslot. Trying to figure what brand of accessories I should be looking at to fit the fancy roof rack I bought. Any insight from others would be appreciated... Other than recommendations of a different rack, I’m already a bit on the pregnant side there...

·
Registered
623 Posts
I’m feeling like an idiot but... is there anyone out there who can give me some guidance on getting attachments onto my Nebo roof rack? I read that it accepts “10 series t slot mounts” on their site and kind of assumed that meant normal Yakima etc stuff would work. I bought the Yakima recovery track mount for my maxtrax and they don’t fit, the Bolt they supply is too wide to fit into the gap in the t slot and the t slot nut is too large to fit into the nebo tslot. Trying to figure what brand of accessories I should be looking at to fit the fancy roof rack I bought. Any insight from others would be appreciated... Other than recommendations of a different rack, I’m already a bit on the pregnant side there...
I used the Teraflex Roll in T-nuts to mount all my stuff with M6 Bolts.
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/t-slot-roll-in-nut-kit-for-nebo-wasatch-rack

In my research I belive these would also work for the center rail of the slats, but I ended up going the Tnut route instead as you dont need to remove the slats to install tnuts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITW14VU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

70860776_10217790851817634_3424854175060590592_n.jpg

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m going to have to look at this later this month when I have some time. I did buy those Roll in T nuts but the first thing I tried to mount was the Yakima Recovery Track mount https://www.yakima.com/recovery-track-mount Unfortunately the bolt diameter in the bolts it comes with is wider than the Tslots on the main support rails so the bolts can’t fit to get into the rollin t nuts, I can’t recall now if the bolts would fit the t-nuts themselves, I think no as the bolts it comes with are M8’s. Was a frustrating development given that Teraflex seems to say that the rack accommodates Yakima and Thule standard t-slot accessories. I will try your M6’s and see if I can make something work there... Appreciate your response a ton.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used the Teraflex Roll in T-nuts to mount all my stuff with M6 Bolts.
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/t-slot-roll-in-nut-kit-for-nebo-wasatch-rack

In my research I belive these would also work for the center rail of the slats, but I ended up going the Tnut route instead as you dont need to remove the slats to install tnuts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITW14VU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

View attachment 4179237
So... I finally was in town and had some time, went to the hardware store for some M6 bolts in various lengths per your suggestion and opened up my teraflex roll in T... bingo! Took longer than I’d have thought to get everything all lined up but that was mostly me not measuring! Very happy now. Really appreciate you popping in the suggestions. Thanks a ton.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would love any reports on the installation or usage. I’m strongly considering the Nebo system for my JKUR. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Would love any reports on the installation or usage. I’m strongly considering the Nebo system for my JKUR. Thanks.

Measure twice, cut once. Was pretty straightforward. You can order the slats individually from teraflex, so I only got two of them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Now that I figured out the attachment method for accessories, I’m a fan. I’ll be frank, I was too scared to cut the roof myself so I outsourced it so no comments on the install. I recommend you buy a bunch of the teraflex roll in t-nuts and an assortment of M6 bolts in various lengths from say 16mm on up for accessories or else plan an iterative hardware store run series. I do take my top off a lot and the on off is really easy. Only negative is that the Lange hardtop hoist doesn’t go tall enough to grab the top with the roof with put a partial disassembly. I’m pleased overall.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Once you commit it is pretty easy. Just use the templates and follow the instructions exactly. I ran my RTT on mine and it works great. Had to mod the brackets and make a few spacers but no issues at all with it. I didn't want brackets hanging off the side so had to to that to run on the crossbars. I plan on mounting some accessories now since I mostly run the tent on a trailer now. I just haven't picked up the t-nuts. It is a solid rack.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Does anyone use Thule kayak mounts on the Nebo? That's what I have and would like to use if I go with a Nebo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts