Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I upgraded from the stock 245/75/17 tires to 265/70/17 DuraTrac on my JL.

Not much of a difference, but was wondering if it is necessary to recalibrate the speedometer?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Use your phone with a GPS app that has MPH, or there are plenty of MPH only apps out there. 3/4 miles off isn't a big deal. I personally wouldn't sweat it unless 5 + off.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You can spend the money on a pro cal and adjust it or you can find someone nearby who has one and buy them a beer to update it for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,173 Posts
You can spend the money on a pro cal and adjust it or you can find someone nearby who has one and buy them a beer to update it for you.

i really doubt that someone will do that as if they do that they have wasted $170 as procal marries to the VIN so if you use your procal on my jeep it will only work on my jeep and not yours. They can be unmarried but will only work on one vehicle at a time and to unmarrie them you have to set the vehicle it was married to back to stock.

Reactions: teach95

·
Super Moderator
23,173 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
i really doubt that someone will do that as if they do that they have wasted $170 as procal marries to the VIN so if you use your procal on my jeep it will only work on my jeep and not yours. They can be unmarried but will only work on one vehicle at a time and to unmarrie them you have to set the vehicle it was married to back to stock.
This is new to me but it makes sense. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts