Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm not aware of a way to test it but on the two jeeps I've come to my wits end, its been the ECM. I do know there are threads floating around on here about "surgery" and soldering the contact points. Might be a first place to start?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is hesutating when you mash on the gas and it idles really rough almost like it has a cam lol. Sometimes when you stop at a red light it almost wants to die out on you sometimes. I am just about done spending money on it.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
No parts involved. Check your timing which is set by ECM. TBI/ MFI or carb? TBI is mine. Check for aall vacuum lines not leaking or weathercracked and attached at the right spots. No matter how your fuel is delivered clean TBI/Carb with spray and MPFI with some good celaner in tank. When you are sure everything is in the proper place, clean and being set correctly by the ECM then look too replace. I got one from Ebay <$85 shipped.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Jokerchief gave you some great advice. It almost sounds like too much fuel. Does it run better on the highway that in the city?

Take care,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts