Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Hope summer was fun. Mine was busy as hell but I will be around more now!

Got a bit of work done on the Jeep over the summer. One issue that remains unresolved is the speedometer and odometer no work worky. The tach does though.

Come to find out, the gauge cluster circuit board for the speedometer has some cracks and doesn't seem repairable.

I can not find a new board anywhere. Even Benny struck out and when I heard that, I knew I was in a pickle hahaha.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative. Venmo, Paypal, etc....yes I do.

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Ben

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Cracks? Like in the solder runs? That’s very repairable. My temp/compass mirror had cracks in the solder runs and all I had to do was resolder. Took longer to open up the casing than repair the runs.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,956 Posts
Have you checked with autometer.com, They do plug and play gauge sets, wouldn't surprise me if they had Speedo ribbons too

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!

The board has seen years of water due to a leaking windshield frame from PO. Its quite cracked with black spots. Its very beat looking.

Thanks GotIt! I will look them up now. Appreciated!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soooo autometer.com doesn’t have ribbons or boards. Anyone have a good used one they want to sell? :)

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,956 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I’ll check into these!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts