Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a back hatch frame for an older hard top on a rescue YJ...

Do you think mine can be straightened?

I think the top is off of a cj.

I live near Philadelphia.

Shoot me a note if you have one you don’t need.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
That is a CJ7 hard top and it looks like an aftermarket Fiberglas replacement. It looks crooked because the hinge is pulling out you should be able to fix it. Drill out the back side and put a nut and washer on it. If you want you can stuff some news paper on each side of the 3 holes and fill it up with fiberglass resin and make the area solid again and the resin will keep the nuts from spinning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I’ll get a better picture of the bend of the top section of the hatch. I thought I would get replacement hinges...

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've got a complete hardtop for a CJ7 (fits YJ) the back hatch is in great shape the top needs fiberglass work on the front corners. Would sell the whole thing for $600 OBO you would have to arrange and pay shipping from South Carolina.

jeep5.jpg

jeep6.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep8.jpg

jeep9.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer, I’ll pass...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks for the offer, I’ll pass...
Don't blame you really... By the time you paid for shipping and do the fiberglass work, it would be too expensive. I have no need for a hardtop as I don't like them but, it's what came on it when I bought the YJ. A few days later it was sporting a softop.
Jeep 38.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts