Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in search for a bit but couldn't really find the answer to my question. I'm a bit of a music junky and like it to be loud and crisp. Mostly hip hop, not todays rap, but older 90s like NaS, Grip Grand, AZ, etc etc. Also listen to classic rock. I want both to be crisp and clear. I like everything to be loud but dont want the bass to drown out the music when i listen to hip hop.

I have zero knowledge of sound systems, what I need, and how much it will cost. I would like to replace the tweeters, 2 speakers in front, speakers in sound bar, and sub in back. I don't want to have to do any drilling or anything like that but want to swap speakers. Will i need a new amp, or radio unit? If anyone could give me a basic 101 it would probably help me a lot.

Can't wait for tax returns.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Here's what I went with. It sounds great too.
Kenwood DDX419 Deck w/ XM/Sirius tuner
JL TR650-CXI rear speakers in sound bar
JL TR650-CSI components in front.
Pioneer GM-D8604 4 channel amp
Kicker HS8 hideaway sub in back.

I had one shop install everything but the sub. Total for equipment and install was $1600, then had sub installed at another shop. Total for it and install was about $400. So I have about $2000 in system.

Here's a couple of pics, of what you can see, of the system.
Deck

Tweeters

amp under driver's seat

Sub in back, inside Tuffy trunk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have increased my budget and want to change around my options. I want new tweeters, dash speakers, sound bar speakers and a new sub. I would prefer if I could mount everything in the current housing and use the stock jeep speaker covers so that when i take the top off no one will be tempted to steal it.

If I upgrade my speakers and get a new amp, will I need a new head unit or can I get good speakers without needing to replace the head unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts