Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could any of you guys/gals that have hard half doors on your YJ please measure the distance between the locating pins for the upper soft tops....I keep buying used upper soft tops only to find out that the pins don't line up with my hard lowers..:mad:... please start from the rear and measure from center of the rear pin hole, to the center pin hole and then the front pin hole on the hard half door and give me those measurements so i can see if i have incorrect doors on mine... Thanks

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i'm just bored enough to do this, hang on.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
from the back of the door 5 1/4, 19/14, and in a straight line, not counting bend in door 33 1/2

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from the back of the door 5 1/4, 19/14, and in a straight line, not counting bend in door 33 1/2
Thank you brotha,,, thats exactly what i have... now my puzzle is, what the hell.. I bought a complete "best top" soft top with upper doors from a local guy and the uppers won't line up with my half doors... I even saw the YJ he took it off... i just don't get it..

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i have a set of soft doors that came with a best top, the uppers look the same as original but they will not fit in the regular doors, they only fit in the best top soft door lower.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i suspect,, that they did not come off a hard lower door.... My option at this point is to cut the 2 rear pins that don't line and reweld them in the correct spots.... freakin sucks, i'm sick of wasting money on crap that don't fit..

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scratch that thought, the angles are all wrong.... I'm ready to burn this jeep with me in it :banghead:

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
talk to [email protected], he's a user here, he should be able to help you finger this out, and if not he'll offer the gasoline and a match knowing him.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,,, It's just this whole jeep experience has just been one big pain im my azz starting from the buying what i though was a decent shell through buying parts from people just trying to make a buck... They'll say anything to sell a part and i'm the sucker who keeps buying them.... Karma is a bitch i say..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts