Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 wrangler 4.0 liter. I notcied a very minor leak coming from the clutch line, prior to where it screws into the solid tube going into the tranny housing. My guess is that the solid line is from the "Clutch Control Unit?" After looking online at various differnt auto parts stores, nobody seems to have the line that comes from the Clutch Master Cyclinder to the control unit. The closest looking part I found sort of looks of like the hose on a 1994 wrangler, especially when it curves around and heads toward the connection inot the tranny. But that is not it. Does anyone know where I can find this part? Or is this a line/hose that can be fabriacted by most mechanics with the proper tools. I haven't taken her to the shop yet....just researching for the part in case I do have to order it. I found this leak after I added some fliud to the master cylinder. It was a bit low. Afterwards I had a spot on my drive way. Is it possible I added too much fluid and it sort of "pressure relieved" itself. The hose appears to be one piece from the master cylinder to that connection. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The leak is before the connection to the slave cylinder. The hose that comes from the master cylinder bends (hard curve) just prior to the connection. There is what appears to be some fluid on a piece that looks plastic. The metal hose coming out of the tranny case is dry. That piece is dry for like 6 inches or more,,,....hard to explain. I searched this forum and there was a simular post. Based on what I read it looks like the piece can be made by a brake shop or mechanic....but not with my tools. I just wish they had an "already made" replacement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i know the piece that you are talking about, i spent 2 months looking for that part for my old 92 before i just made one. that part is discontinued, they no longer make it. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
I ended up just replacing the master cylinder, line, & slave cylinder all in one shot that way I knew it was good to go. It's hurts the pocket book a little, but it solved my issues. (I had the same issue on my 94)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy's. After searching the web, I figured it must be a part that can be made fairly easy by a shop. I had a 94 YJ and after looking at this one, I kind of figured it was uunavailable....I was hoping I was wrong.......oh well..... Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts