Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the measurement from the ground to the bottom shock bolt on the rear differential. If someone could get it for me off of their yj, that'd be great.............thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
I need the measurement from the ground to the bottom shock bolt on the rear differential. If someone could get it for me off of their yj, that'd be great.............thanks
94yj here stock rear 35(not 8.8) 9"/ from ground to center of bottom shock bolt w/ 31" tires

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmmm...that's odd, my basically stock 95 YJ is 10 1/4 inches from ground to center of rear shock bolt. Wonder why it wouldn't be the same as your 94? I also have 31's...:confused:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
most likely its bc of spring sag. i've got a 91 on 31"s i'll check later if you want. i bet it'll be different than both of yall

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hmmm...that's odd, my basically stock 95 YJ is 10 1/4 inches from ground to center of rear shock bolt. Wonder why it wouldn't be the same as your 94? I also have 31's...:confused:
Mines on a 4" RC suspension lift but that really shouldn't make a diff and :confused: as well. I didn't take the digi out when I measured as it just rained hard and didn't feel like laying in the wet grass to get a pic with the ruler in the other hand.
most likely its bc of spring sag. i've got a 91 on 31"s i'll check later if you want. i bet it'll be different than both of yall
please do, interested to see if it differs as well.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
now that you mention it. the springs would have an effect on it unless maybe the springs are different thicknesses. or something to do with shims. i really dont know. but i'll go measure tonight when its not so dad gum hot and humid

·
Registered
65 Posts
How could it be from spring sag? The axle is going to remain the same distance from the ground regardless of how much the springs are sagging. The distance from the axle to the frame is what changes as the springs age.

Now that I think about it...the difference is probably in the tires...they may both be labeled 31's, but if I have a more aggressive lug or maybe the same tire, but mine are newer...3/4" is all it would take to create the 1 1/4" difference...right?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.....I'll figure an average

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
How could it be from spring sag? The axle is going to remain the same distance from the ground regardless of how much the springs are sagging. The distance from the axle to the frame is what changes as the springs age.

Now that I think about it...the difference is probably in the tires...they may both be labeled 31's, but if I have a more aggressive lug or maybe the same tire, but mine are newer...3/4" is all it would take to create the 1 1/4" difference...right?

in my 2nd post i meant to correct my self. but due to a typo i didnt. sorry its been a long day

·
Registered
65 Posts
in my 2nd post i meant to correct my self. but due to a typo i didnt. sorry its been a long day
N/P BullDawg, didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you...thought maybe you knew something about the height difference that I didn't...I've only been registered on this site a short while, but I'm learning a bunch more about my Jeep from reading posts from guys like you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts