Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got a 1988 yj strieght 6 needs a new carb doesnt even run, got a new carb earlier but its the wrong one. Its a motorcraft 2100 258/4.2 nonsmog 1.08. Can somone tell a good carb i could get for my jeep.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know your $ situation but I'd suggest fuel injection kit or offenhauser manifold and a more efficient carb. There are plenty of aftermarket manifolds that allow you to bolt on carbs that aren't garbage. My 88 gives me nothing but problems. But living in Canada with the cold definatly doesn't help lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm putting a weber 32/36 on mine, but I have experience with this carb on another vehcile. The motorcraft 2100 seems to be a popular swap for the 4.2 jeep guys. Is there something wrong with it?

·
Registered
248 Posts
From all that i have read the motorcraft 2100 is the correct carb to convert to on your jeep. why do you say its the wrong one?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the 2100 non smog on my 1990 yj along with the nutter and it's running like a dream..Idals at 650rpm with lighting throttle responce.. I must throw out props to michael Ehrmann for putting a complete kit together with fantastic directions at a good price for us jeepers. This is the ebay guy that everyone talks about..:)

When emmisions comes due he shows you how to modify the stock air cleaner so it looks stock and will pass inspection..For now i bought the crome air cleaner he sells for 22 bucks and looks sweet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought my '87 yj with a Weber on it and I'm not happy with it. Not sure if the installer has something wrong or ????
I used to install Holley/Weber carbs on Opels back in the '70's and it was a great improvement over the Solex.
Now from what I've found the 2100 is the way to go for Jeeps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts