Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and I need some help, thought what better for that than to ask you guys.
I have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler with a 4-cylinder and manual tranny. I have let my brother inlaw use it for the last few months and the other day it died and now the motor is shot. I need some info for a good reputable place that sells engines. I just want to do a direct replacement for it seeing that it will be the easiest and cheapest route. Do any of you have any info for this or can tell me what you all have done when having to deal with this problem. Thanks alot

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome. I just rebuilt my 4 banger in my 99 Tj for $900 at a local parts store. Of course I had to strip it down myself and put it back in but its a new motor from top to bottom. When I was looking for motors there is a place in florida that sells used motors but by the time you pay shipping and send the core back you would have a lot of money tied up, and you would still have a high mileage motor. You might want to check around at some local part stores. The one I used was carquest its a local owned franchise kinda mom &pop store. Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've purchased at least a dozen engines from S & S out of Spokane Washington to install in other peoples cars and trucks and three for me. They offer a 7yr/70K warrenty and stand behind thier work. Should be around $1200 plus shipping and core. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the helps guys! I will be looking into both of your comments and appreciate the help. As far as me saying the motor is shot is that it has well over 160,000 miles on her and hasn't been running well for the last few years (when it's driven, not much). it will not make any effort in turning over and the oil has got some issues (looks like a nasty soup) and has a very serious burnt smell. I just say shot cause the little effort I put into trying to figure out the problem isn't worth any more time so I think just getting a new one is the best option for me now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
if by soupy you mean it dosent look like just oil has is in there you probly do wana take that thing apart and make sure the contaminated oil hasent messed up a bunch of other things. Sound to me like you got a coolant/anti freeze leak into the oil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts