Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question
I want to buy a set of 5 wheel locks for my 97 TJ..
Seems the online catalogs show the same size from like 1980 till 2006... how can that be

any ideas or places to get them

thanks
Pastor Scott

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Napa can make you custom locks. I had em make two sets, one of three for my spare and a set of 4 for my wheels. Different locks.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I like the quality of the OEM locks over the aftermarket locks.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Question
Seems the online catalogs show the same size from like 1980 till 2006... how can that be

thanks
Pastor Scott
What do you mean why can that be? They have the same 1/2 - 20 lugs (and so do many other vehicles)

Wheel locks are not worth it. Seldom are just wheel stolen any more. The whole vehicle is much easier to take. The only one to consider is the spare which is why the stock Jeep has one on the spare.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Question

thanks
Pastor Scott
Jeep used the same size lug nuts for a very long time! Actually still the same size being used today, but a different bolt pattern.

Gorilla locks #61681B5 have an outer sleeve that prevent a socket from being jammed over them or vice grips being used.
Gorilla 61681B5 $15.23 Wheel Locks - Set of 5 Acorn/Tapered Seat, Chrome 13/16" Hex Key Included 1/2" x 20 Thread

Gorilla locks #71481NB5 do not have the sleeve, but they use quality materials along with a fully milled socket to remove them. Those Doorman lock sets in parts stores use a bonded socket that eventually break leaving lock nut stuck on.
Gorilla Automotive 71481NB5 - Gorilla High Security Wheel Lock Set in Chrome for Jeep® Vehicles - Quadratec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts