Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
What kind of head unit do you have? What are you looking for in sub size? 8", 10", 12", or 15". How many do you want? Are you interested in flat, space savers that go under your seats? (this is my preference, amp is built in these so no need for a separate amp). What types of music do you listen to? Let me know, Im happy to help and I am sure there are plenty of others here too :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't remember head unit its in the shop right now. I listen to rock mostly some old rap/hip hop. Yes I probably need space saver, I have a 2 door. Was looking at dual 12. But honestly I want the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
952 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000OT31IU/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1373767941&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX112_SY192
I have an older model under my passenger seat and it is great. No need for an amp with it, as it is included. If you dont have aftermarket speakers in the sound bar and up front, i highly recommend Autotek ones (best inexpensive speakers I have found) i run them up front. I bought the Pyles for the soundbar, they are OK but Id pay $10 more for Autotek in the future. I listen to everything from rock to rap to country. The Boss sub fills in the bass where I need it, and if I crank up the level it booms, i usually have it on -2 or -4 due to the bass it puts out. Its also out of the way for more storage :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well those are nice. They're kinda small and I already have an amp and wiring is all set up for a large sub

·
Registered
952 Posts
For 2 15s in yours you would probably need to toss the back seats. For rock you really dont need em, for rap you would definitely hear the bass and shake the cars beside you. In my first car I had 2 12s in the trunk and it shook. If you want to have bigger boom and save space, you could get 2 custom boxes made at most probably 10" at most to have put under the back seats so you can still keep the seats in. The boxes custom will probably cost 200 or so and you could get 2 decent 10s for under $100. Kicker is a good brand. You can go to a local shop and tell them what you want and get some ideas too, just shop around, some shops around here are much more expensive than others.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright well I do want the back seat still in. What would my options be now. I do want bigger boom and save space. Would my amp be able to do a dual 10 in sub plus some of those 8 in ones you showed under the front seats.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
For 2 15s in yours you would probably need to toss the back seats. For rock you really dont need em, for rap you would definitely hear the bass and shake the cars beside you. In my first car I had 2 12s in the trunk and it shook. If you want to have bigger boom and save space, you could get 2 custom boxes made at most probably 10" at most to have put under the back seats so you can still keep the seats in. The boxes custom will probably cost 200 or so and you could get 2 decent 10s for under $100. Kicker is a good brand. You can go to a local shop and tell them what you want and get some ideas too, just shop around, some shops around here are much more expensive than others.
If listening to metal. Keep the frequency low and preferably with a single 12 inch sub.
Figured I'd toss this junk in.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Alright well I do want the back seat still in. What would my options be now. I do want bigger boom and save space. Would my amp be able to do a dual 10 in sub plus some of those 8 in ones you showed under the front seats.
Single 12 inch Jensen sub with a good amp.
I'll PM you some dimensions for sub boxes.

·
Registered
952 Posts
15 1/4" high, most likely not. You could do one or 2 flats and then a custom box for 8s or 10s under the back seat.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yeah I listen to some metal not much but some. Will one 12 bang louder than 2 10s?
I'm primarily a metal man but I also enjoy classical, Some rap and Johnny Cash

Depends.
It's all about resistance/impedance. Pay more attention to the Ohms and RMS ratings. Also if going for two tens, port the sub box and run them in parallel... Daisy Chaining will sound like doo doo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay does anyone have any suggestions on the subwoofers themselves. And that video that box looks to big.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay forget the budget of $300. I have $450 Tell me what you would get, box and Subs if you listened to rock and rap and wanted lots of shake. Please get a setup that would work with my amp above.

·
Registered
952 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts