Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on running a 4" suspension lift with a 1" body lift on a 94 yj. Can I run 35" tires with that setup and not rub. 80% of the driving will be on the street. But be leave me I will be playing in the woods. I'm looking to run M/T 15X10 rims with 35X12.5 tires. Can I get away with this. If any of this is wrong please let me know. I'm new in the Jeep world. But I'm loving every minute of it. Also I can buy longer shackles if I need to. I don't want to rub.

The Jeep is a 4.0 with a 5 speed. Don"t know the gears yet. I can tell you it runs 2,000rpm at 70-75mph. I'm thinking somewhere around 3.70. I'm not sure what Jeep used for gearing yet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yup, with the 10" rims you should be good, now the off road clearance may not be as good, youll hit your fenders/body during extreme flex. 35's work best with an axle flip and 1" shackles.which is 6.5" of lift.. I have the same amount of lift as you and am only going 33s on 8" and -30 or-40 offset wheels for flex clearance of road/climbing..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I have no problem running 33" tires. I was going 35's if the setup worked. This is just a weekend ride I'm building over the winter. The jeeps in unbelievable shape. No rot at all. Sense I live in Mass I have all winter to do a frame up rebuild.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey, ive been watchin your build and just wanted ta give ya an update here too. My buddy keeps havin drive train probs with his 35s.. Been through a few Ujoints..we just put a new joint in the slip yoke driveshaft. Be sure to beef up those if ya plan on goin big. Cant wait ta see yur Jeep done man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts