Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found local guy that has the OEM take off springs, shocks and tires off his 2011 Rubi 2DR w/ 9k miles

I have a 2.5" BB lift coming and was curious on what of that 2DR Rubi could be used on my 12 JKU Sport?

Here are the spring numbers he gave me

Front: 52126314ac
Rear: 68004256aa

He is going to get a hold of me later today so I need to know if those items are a GO or NOGO

Also, what would be a fair price for all that? I know he's asking $600 for all 5 BFG tires w/ 80-85% tread left. But what about spring and shocks?

Thanks everyone:wavey:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
14/56 springs may very well be lower than you currently have. Only way I would swap stock springs would be for something like 18/59 or 19/60. My advise is to check to see which springs you currently have and to pass on the spring deal.

As for the other stuff, I'm not sure if there is a difference between 2dr shocks and 4dr shocks. Many consider the Rubicon shocks to be far superior to the Sport shocks, so if they are the same between the JK and the JKU, then they may be worth picking up. I have a set sitting in my building that a member here gave me. Just haven't put them on yet.

The wheels and tires will fit yours fine. Though, I would try to talk him down a bit. Rubi takeoffs go for that much with nearly 0 miles on them.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
4fit said:
14/56 springs may very well be lower than you currently have. Only way I would swap stock springs would be for something like 18/59 or 19/60. My advise is to pass on the deal.
I think it's almost guaranteed that your current springs are better than those. His shocks would be an improvement. Tires are up to you.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Further proof that there are no such thing as "Rubi" springs and people should stop calling them that. Rubicons get the same springs as any other Wrangler. It is more dependent on body style and options than model.

·
Registered
104 Posts
daggo66 said:
Further proof that there are no such thing as "Rubi" springs and people should stop calling them that. Rubicons get the same springs as any other Wrangler. It is more dependent on body style and options than model.
Haha. This is true. For the 2012 they all come with heavy duty shocks. The only difference I know of is the color. I would say the tires aren't a bad idea. As far as shocks and springs I'd just save a few hundred and you can get the actual 2.5" performance shocks and springs from rough country. They look better and perform better and give you the extra 2.5" of travel you actually want. If you don't want the springs then you can still get the 2.5" shocks for 200. But as far as the ones off the rubicon you get no extra performance.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4fit said:
14/56 springs may very well be lower than you currently have. Only way I would swap stock springs would be for something like 18/59 or 19/60. My advise is to check to see which springs you currently have and to pass on the spring deal.

Ok... Just went out and checked my springs.. 17 for both fronts and 58 for rears

So by the number on the rubi., I'd be going backwards.

Im landing a free RC 2.5 BB lift from a friend. I found this guy locally getting rid of his rubi parts.

We talked yesterday and he was interested in trading all springs, shocks, and tires for one of my AR15s

If the tires are the only thing worth it, I don't think I would do a straight trade for the rifle.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flyracin17 said:
No way man. Wouldn't do it. The only thing your getting worth it are the tires and I'm sure your AR ran at least 700.
Yeah... It was a tad over $1000 3 yrs ago when I bought it.
He would have to come up with cash and tires for the AR

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
found local guy that has the OEM take off springs, shocks and tires off his 2011 Rubi 2DR w/ 9k miles

I have a 2.5" BB lift coming and was curious on what of that 2DR Rubi could be used on my 12 JKU Sport?

Here are the spring numbers he gave me

Front: 52126314ac
Rear: 68004256aa

He is going to get a hold of me later today so I need to know if those items are a GO or NOGO

Also, what would be a fair price for all that? I know he's asking $600 for all 5 BFG tires w/ 80-85% tread left. But what about spring and shocks?

Thanks everyone:wavey:
If those are considered "Rubi" springs, then they must have installed "Rubi" springs on my 12' 2dr Sport by mistake. Because those are the exact spring part numbers I took off to install my 19/60 springs.
I wonder how many people got "burned" buying "Rubi" spring take-offs without realizing they may have installed the same springs they just removed.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
71K5 said:
If those are considered "Rubi" springs, then they must have installed "Rubi" springs on my 12' 2dr Sport by mistake. Because those are the exact spring part numbers I took off to install my 19/60 springs.
I wonder how many people got "burned" buying "Rubi" spring take-offs without realizing they may have installed the same springs they just removed.
See it all the time on CL.

Funny nobody answers my emails lol

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
71K5 said:
There are no ruby springs. There just a specific spring rate.19/60 are the firmest and therefore will provide the highest oem ride height.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts