Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying a new wrangler and want to see if this is a good pric for what I'm getting....
2013 wrangled base 4 door I guess it's not got power locks or anything
6 speed Gecko pearl
Skyjacker lift with 35" nitto trail grapplers and aftermarket wheels also has one extra for the spare... wheel and tire
It has fabricated bumpers front and rear with a 8k warn winch
Rock sliders
Kc lights on hood
Soft top ..
Sorry to sound so goofy but I've never owned a jeep and just now getting into it.
The jeep is brand new and all the stuff was put on by rocky ridge in Tennessee I think is what he said.. the jeep lists for 27 before there add ons and 40,400 after all accessories.. my o.t.d price is going to be 34,235.. this sound ok or not? Thanks very much

·
Registered
632 Posts
Maybe it's just me but $7k for a lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, winch, rock sliders, and lights seems slightly on the pricy side. Especially when you consider that they are keeping the original wheels, tires, and bumpers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea kinda what I was thinking but there are no charges on the sticker for the original stuff... of course I know I'm paying for them Also.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
What's the gear ratio on it? It's a base sport so I'm guessing 3.21 and I'm telling you right now that in a manual lugging around those tires (which are like the heaviest tire out there) you will not e happy with performance

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Sounds a little steep, probably do better if you by one for $27k and pick out your own stuff. Prob get it less than $27k or get better stuff at that price.

Might be nice to finance all the mods in though.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Are they really claiming those add-ons are worth an additional $13k?! (The $40.4k you mentioned)

Umm, no.

That said, the price they're willing to sell it for ($34.2k) isn't that bad for that list of decent add-ons, so at least they know their original 40k "sticker price" is ridiculous!

Are you able to afford similar add-ons without financing them? If so, then buy a base Jeep and install them one at a time yourself. If not, then go for the deal and never look back!

As I said above, this deal isn't that bad... I've seen better, and I've seen worse. Once you consider the combined labor and parts costs, this one is about average...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the reason I'm getting it cheaper is because I get a discount through my work... they have a another jeep with all options and the lift and same stuff as this one but it list for 47k!!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Does it have 3.73 gears, or maybe even 4.10?

the max tow package?

Limited Slip Diff?

Those are the essential options on a decent "base" Unlimited Sport...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts