Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2005 LJ, it has borla exhaust, a cold air intake with only 53k miles. 4 inch lift with 35's. I am considering a 62mm throttle body and upgraded 4 hole injectors. my question is are they worth doing? and does anyone know a good place to buy them reasonably priced?? Thanks fellow jeepers!

·
Super Moderator
6,896 Posts
if your injectors are trashed, sure, otherwise you wont see any difference.

the injectors dont control the amount of fuel flowing, so going to more holes isnt going to do much. similarly, going to a bigger TB wont do much as the restriction point is inside the motor, not in the intake or exhaust.

the best way to get power back is to regear, all of the bolt on gimmick stuff will only give a marginal benefit at WOT

·
Registered
881 Posts
You can do a little research for what injectors will work, and pick them up at the pick-n-pull cheap. If your injectors are in good shape now, you will notice little to no difference. But its still a fun project if you can get them cheap enough.
But if you're on 35's it might be better to invest the money in gears and brakes. That LJ is going to hold its value for a long time, you might as well treat it right.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've done the swap and bought the injectors from somebody on ebay. I had a bad factory injector so they helped me. But I don't think they'd do a thing if you allready have good injectors. My fuel trims show that the computer is now removing 16-18% from the factory settings. This means the new injectors flow that much more fuel, but its not actually needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts