Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How big of a issue is the header problem? Is that problem fixed in the 2013? Is it a easy fix for the dealer if you get the issue? I know the 2013 have a softer seat material but if you get leather are they the same seats or are they shaped different? This will be my first jeep so im lost!!!!! I ask cause the dealer has a full loaded 2012 for a decent price in black but has a 2013 with not as many options for the same price!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
stoop14 said:
How big of a issue is the header problem? Is that problem fixed in the 2013? Is it a easy fix for the dealer if you get the issue? I know the 2013 have a softer seat material but if you get leather are they the same seats or are they shaped different? This will be my first jeep so im lost!!!!! I ask cause the dealer has a full loaded 2012 for a decent price in black but has a 2013 with not as many options for the same price!!!!
It's a head problem, not header. 2013s have revised driver's side heads but no one knows if this will fix the issue long term. The 2013 leather is a little softer than 2012 (Katskinz) and yes, the seat shape is new for 2013. Personally I preferred the 2012 seats that are less contoured.

Regarding price - join Tread Lightly for a multi-year term ($60) and get a no-haggle affiliate price of 1% below invoice. You will have to wait a week or two to get the paperwork in the mail from Tread Lightly before buying. They provide you with a letter and control number the dealer needs on order to give you the special pricing. What you can do in the meantime is tell the dealer you are joining Tread Lightly, and you want them to show you the invoices of the ones you're interested in buying. When you buy this way, the 2012 and 2013 will have equal footing on discounts.

DO NOT buy at MSRP! The Tread Lightly should save you over $3K on a loaded Rubicon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts