Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ SPORT. Running 35' 12.5 15 procomp MT

I picked up a 4' RC SL, 1.25' RC BL, RC brake lines and a RC adjustable track bar for 275$ new in the box from a friend. He bought ALL the stuff to put on his 98' but had to sell the Jeep. I didn't really want to go ruff country but for that deal... why not. I'll give it a try.

My question to you is my Jeep currently has 2' terflex coil spacers. Should I leave the 2' spacers in the coils with the SL or take out the spacers and do the 1.25' BL. Will the spacers or the body kit give me a better ride and clearance. TBH I'm not sure if I can even use the spacers with the SL.

Please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
assuming u got new springs with your SL the spacer would be a +2" on-top of that, totaling a 6" lift and now u got new shocks set for a 4" lift. your new CA's may be close to limited to accommodate another 2" as well, and u were running 35's on 2" lift already? the new 4" has topped that already topped that, do the body lift and your golden.....have u looked into sye and CV shafts for that rig? (most recommend them at 4"+)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
oh yah and if your doing the BL might as well do the MML too, help out that driveline angle maybe, and if im not mistaken u wont have to relocate your fan shroud

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for saying something. I'm not thinking. Of course the spacers won't work. I don't have shocks. for a 6 inch lift. Here's a pic of my kit. It does come with shocks. I have thought about shafts. I was going to throw the kit on and see where I was at first. Thanks for the info

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts