Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, any and all feedback is greatly appriciated

The Story: found a jeep through a friend from a jeep mechanic/body shop. its a 2010 unlimited rubicon, with 21,000km's for $25,000. The jeep was bought at an auction because it has water damage. The company says they went through it with a fine tooth comb, regreased all the connections, replaced the frame, and made it into good working order. The jeep was COMPLETELY submerged into a gravel water pit (very clean) and was in and out very quickly, that was three years ago. Once the company bought the jeep, it sat for 2 years due to staffing problems (not enough staff available to keep up with repairs). Now that I've shown interest, he has got the jeep saftied, body integrety test, and the government has come and put their seal of approval on it. I talked to my mechanic who I go to for every other vehicle, and he tells me that a flood damaged vehicle is not worth the potential headache. I have taken the jeep for a test drive, and it runs/drives exactly like its supposed to. The person whose done the most work to the jeep says he replaced the steering column, the radio, clean the switch for the lockers, and installed a brand new frame.

Please help, I'm not sure if this is a good purchase, or if its too good to be true. Again, any and all help is much appriciated.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Around here they go for about 30k without submerging.

At that price, I'd pass (though I have no idea where you are, so maybe the market is different). In any case, I wouldn't touch it without a hefty warranty.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Run away as fast as you can

1 - 4 of 4 Posts