Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the middle of pulling out a 2.5 litre 4 cylinder engine out of a 2000 Wrangler (threw a rod at only 80K miles). The car has an automatic transmission.
How do we get to the bolts holding the bell housing to the block, and to the bolts holding the torque converter to the flywheel?
Do we need to pull everything out as a unit (engine, trani etc.) or should we pull the motor mounts to drop the engine to give us more room?
What would you guys do, please have a better idea as I'm out of patience and profanities.

Thanks, Marty Hoenisch Aptos, CA.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
We are in the middle of pulling out a 2.5 litre 4 cylinder engine out of a 2000 Wrangler (threw a rod at only 80K miles). The car has an automatic transmission.
How do we get to the bolts holding the bell housing to the block, and to the bolts holding the torque converter to the flywheel?
Do we need to pull everything out as a unit (engine, trani etc.) or should we pull the motor mounts to drop the engine to give us more room?
What would you guys do, please have a better idea as I'm out of patience and profanities.

Thanks, Marty Hoenisch Aptos, CA.
If you want the FSM PM me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts