Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, and I just wanted to know your opinions on tires for my jeep. I have an 07 Wrangler Sahara, and the stock tires are p255/70R/18 right now, and I have done nothing to the jeep yet. Where I live the mud gets really slick and it tends to be pretty deep all the time. I also drive this jeep somewhat regularly so I'd like to have tires that will keep deep tread for a while for when I need it. Let me know what you think. I don't know of any good tire sites either so please give me some advice

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,810 Posts
I'm new to this site, and I just wanted to know your opinions on tires for my jeep. I have an 07 Wrangler Sahara, and the stock tires are p255/70R/18 right now, and I have done nothing to the jeep yet. Where I live the mud gets really slick and it tends to be pretty deep all the time. I also drive this jeep somewhat regularly so I'd like to have tires that will keep deep tread for a while for when I need it. Let me know what you think. I don't know of any good tire sites either so please give me some advice
^^^If you have a Discount Tire Store in your area, then they are very good at making tire recommendations to fit your needs........:thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
You actually "Drive" in a lot of slick Mud? Hmmm, Well LOTS of jeeps (especially the lifted ones going for the look) drive DD on BFG, Goodyear and other MT's.
And as you will read if you have not already Duratracs have a good " all around" reputation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I go fishing and what not regularly and it floods bad so it's usually always pretty slippery. I find myself sideways going 5mph with the stock tires I have on now.

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
The 275/65-18 is a perfect replacement size for Sahara 18" wheels. It is exactly the same diameter and just under an inch wider.

There is a Goodyear Duratrac in this size as well as the Toyo ATII which are both good all terrains.

If you need a more aggressive M/T tire they are available in that size as well.

Tirerack.com
Discounttiredirect.com
Onlinetires.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely want something more than a basic on/offroad tire. I have heard good things about the duratrack as well, but i need something just a slight bit heavier

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Keep in mind that even many MT tires can only do so much in mud particularly if it is "deep and slick" but these tires will do much better than the stock Duelers on Saharas.

Another vote for Discount Tire.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
The 275/65-18 is a perfect replacement size for Sahara 18" wheels. It is exactly the same diameter and just under an inch wider.

There is a Goodyear Duratrac in this size as well as the Toyo ATII which are both good all terrains.

If you need a more aggressive M/T tire they are available in that size as well.

Tirerack.com
Discounttiredirect.com
Onlinetires.com
Press- any experience with the slightly larger 265/70-18? I think about .5" each dimension. Widely available in non-"E"-load as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess i'm looking for some good m/t tires with deep treads especially on the sides. I have been searching for a couple weeks and haven't found much that I like. Nothing fits!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahhh ok. I also don't know if I have a metal or rubber valve stem. I'm not around my jeep either to look.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you sir! Ya any advice i'll take, i'm new to the whole jeep game so I don't know much about parts and what not.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
thank you sir! Ya any advice i'll take, i'm new to the whole jeep game so I don't know much about parts and what not.
You're welcome. You won't have any complaints about these if that's what you end up choosing perennial Favorite because it - Performs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok thanks. So should I stick with those two sizes for sure? and just look for different ones in those sizes?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts