Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets assume I know nothing because that isn't far from the truth.

My jeep is not a DD, it is a toy. I will not be rock crawling but this isn't a mall crawler either.

When I bought the jeep a few months ago it already had a spacer lift, and 32x11.5 tires which were nearly new and I am not interested in changing tires at all.

It also had a Body Armor front bumper. I added a BA rear bumper and some BA rocker side guards, mainly because I like the way they look, not because I plan on actually needing them to work, but you never know.

Recently I decided to add a winch to the front which was another 100lbs.

As you might guess, now the front is sagging a little.

One other bit of info,,, I bought some Bilstien 5100's for 0-2" lift and they are still in the box.

So here comes the question. What should I do to bring the front up? Keep in mind that I'd like to use those 5100's and I'm not interested in lifting the jeep to the point I have to start changing all kinds of parts. I don't ever plan to disconnect sway bars or anything like that.

Would tossing out the spacers and just getting a new set of springs be the best answer? I'm not limited on $$$ but I want it as simple as possible just for the sake of being simple, not cheap.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I would take out the spacers in front and get some HD 2" springs. OME is a good choice, but make sure to get the HD springs, they are harder to compress and designed to have heavy things on the front.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Looks like you can only get it in 1.5" HD so I would just get the non HD 2" and add a spacer leveler up fronthttps://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_4XX_PG.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts