Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a passenger sunvisor grey, mine has a cracked pracket at the window frame.

Also have an driver side extremely tattered seat bottom...selling the jeep, so don't wanna shell out the $200 for the seat bottom recovered...not sure if it's worth getting seat covers, which a prospective buyer will def. lift up to see the seat.
I might be just shy of what the recovering would cost, and prob have to knock some $$$ off for the seat condition...
Lastly, the oil pressure gauge goes to just over "0" at idle, and jumps up when driving...it runs strong, no sounds from motor, I replaced the oil sending unit and still happening at stop lights, and in park.
I have read that it could be the electrical connection being corroded at the pressure sensor.

Any advice, opinions, leads to parts are much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you want top dollar for the Jeep, assuming the rest of it have a pretty good appearance, I would spend the $200 to have the seat fixed. Maybe you could find a used visor in a bone yard somewhere or on ebay, even it wrong color, you could dye them both the same color, even black, to keep it from being noticeable.

As far as the oil pressure, I'm just speculating. Since you have changed the sending unit with no positive result, I would inspect the wiring at the plug. Also, might not hurt to pull the instrument cluster and clean the pins on the connector and put some dielectric grease on them. Might be the oil pressure gauge, someone on here should be able to give you some good advice in reference to that. Good that the motor is quiet. Good luck with it. Hate to hear you're parting with it. We have 2 TJs and love them both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts