Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I clocked out of work today and went to jeep and to my surprise my hard upper sliding window was broken(I have half doors). My doors were unlocked and nothing was stolen. I highly doubt it was theft/vandalism. The parking lot to my job is half gravel and half grass. I work for a landscaping company and one of our guys was cutting the grass in the lot and I guess a rock shot out from underneath the mower and shattered it. That's my best guess. I pointed it out to him and he didn't deny it or fully admit it was him (company policy). He was definitely sorry and apologetic about the situation though. I got a police report but it won't be available until Monday. What do you guys think my best option going forward would be as far as handling this? Talk with my boss and see if the company can do anything about it? Or just leave them alone and let insurance deal with it? Next is I'm not sure what do about getting it fixed or replaced. The glass for the hard uppers is unique. Do you think I'm going to have to get the whole upper replaced?

·
Registered
565 Posts
any good auto glass shop should be able to cut you a new piece of glass for a replacement..might have to take the other side apart to use the glass from the good side as a template

probably not worth the hassle of going through the insurance company

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with that is there is the latch/slide lock mechanism that is molded into the glass. I'll get pictures in a little bit.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Talk to the boss and see if they can get it handled for ya. Would highly recommend just going to half doors with the regular acrylic zip outs though. More convenient, curable and lighter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The problem with that is there is the latch/slide lock mechanism that is molded into the glass. I'll get pictures in a little bit.
molded into the glass??...the latches on my sliders are bolted onto the glass

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Google is your Friend or any Automotive Glass shop should be able to order one.

·
Registered
565 Posts
probably the same glue that's used for the rear view mirror on the windshield

auto glass shop should be able to tell, and help you out with the installation of the parts on the new window

1 - 8 of 8 Posts