Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 YJ with 224K miles. I baby my jeep. I am trying to replace my second clutch assembly. My mechanic is having a hard time finding clutch parts. The new parts that are being installed are not working properly. Two slave cylinders, a bearing, a flywheel and now a second master is being installed as we speak. This all started in November of 2015. Will I be having trouble getting parts for my jeep in the future? I don't understand the difficulty in obtaining parts. I find them on the web. Is there a source that I can recommend to my Goodyear mechanic next time I have issues? I don't want to sell my Jeep but my mechanic is hinting that parts are getting harder to find. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
380 Posts
not to dog you'r mechanic but gosh if nothing else look on the internet for parts or NAPA has tons of parts.They sell LUKE clutch kits etc.look at the vendors on this forum.I have a 92 and can get any part I need either locally or online.good luck...russ

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I got the LUK clutch from rock auto. I have had zero problems finding parts for my jeep. might have to wait a day for some things but everything is available. I prefer NAPA, the quality is better than autozone or advance.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My mechanic uses Napa (he a Napa affiliate garage). I did my research and told him I wanted LUK clutch parts. He had no issue with my request, and no problem getting the parts (flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, etc). He honors the parts warranty and also gives an equivalent labor warranty. Bottom line: parts are readily available from multiple suppliers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the reply. I bought this Jeep thinking that I can always find parts, no matter the age. I love my Jeep. I can't wait to get it back from the shop. it's been gone for two weeks. My Goodyear mechanics were and are great. They paid for a tow and another transmission facility to do the repair.

·
Registered
878 Posts
94/95 upgrade

While you're in there, why not upgrade to the external slave cylinder like those found on the 94/95 MY YJ's? I think that there are retrofit kits available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts