Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im looking to buy a 2003 rubicon its $8.499 with 183000kms on it its in pretty good shape and its been oil guarded do u guys think its a good deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gosh that sure is a lot of miles. Any idea if Highway miles or City miles? Regardless, it sure looks like it's in very good shape. Price doesn't sound bad for a 2003. Test drive it real good and check under it real good too. Look for signs it was driven hard or leaks. I'd definitely consider it. Curious what other members on here think too.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I suppose if it's cancer free it would be close to the value.

You could probably get a sport that has mods for the same price.

·
Registered
921 Posts
So. Thats 113k miles. average of 11k per year. In my area they are going for $11k
I would say its a good deal. Just make sure to check everything really good. Look for rust spots.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose if it's cancer free it would be close to the value.

You could probably get a sport that has mods for the same price.
Im getting it for the lockers cause i figure for the price of a decent set of lockers plus the price of a sport in good condition is close to what im payin now even if the lockers are already on the vehicle

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks good, like the color and can't go wrong with a Rubi! Whats 'oil guarded'? Is that undercoat protection? Or a Slick 50 kinda thing? I think its a good deal as long as the frame looks good. looks nice and clean inside and out, just check out the bottom. Just noticed it already has an aftermarket Warn front bumper, nice start! Good luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought my 97 at 200k. Don't tell me a rubicon at 113k is high miles, to me, she's only through 1/3 of her life. I'd be all over that if it were here. A rubicon in connecticut? Forget about it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Miliage doesnt matter on a jeep.....what matters is how clean the frame and tub are. You want no rust underneath.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts