Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, one of my washer fluid pumps (I have two given that I have the hard top) is leaking. Not sure if its the O-ring or the little pump itself. The pump is working fine, and it is not cracked, could it be that the O-ring is not doing its job? Would a new pump come with a new O-ring and is the preferred route? Can I buy a fresh O-ring separately? What are the part numbers that I need. I believe that both pumps are the same because they look similar, but that is an uneducated guess on my part.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If you get the O-ring out take it up to Ace and match it up to a new one, they will have a container full of different sizes. As far as a new pump and auto parts store will be able to look get a new pump, Also Amazon or Ebay will have them just type in the key word and it should pull up what the right part.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Try this first. Pull the leaking pump out. Clean every thing up good and make sure the o-ring an pump are dry. Put a coat of Vaseline or something along those lines on both surfaces and reinstall it. Pay attention to the pump and line while you have it out and inspect them for cracks, dry-rot or anything else. Fill and see if it leaks.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I had exact same issue with my 93 yoda....... put several wraps of GOOD (Scotch 33+) electrical tape around part that inserts into reservoir and it never leaked again.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, after many attempts to fix the leak, I am almost convinced its the pump's housing that is leaking and not the o-ring. What is THE best replacement washer fluid pump, paying close to $80 for OEM is kinda crazy, especially for a non critical part. But I do want the best aftermarket replacement. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts