Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have the front middy with prerunners and skid. I just swung it by the powder coater today to get a place in line. I am about a week out, so i will test fit sometime before then. The shipped product was nice. Welds are well done and everything was just as I hoped/expected. I will update when it is coated and on...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the front middy with prerunners and skid. I just swung it by the powder coater today to get a place in line. I am about a week out, so i will test fit sometime before then. The shipped product was nice. Welds are well done and everything was just as I hoped/expected. I will update when it is coated and on...
Hmm, do all of their products come unpainted. I might just do bedliner if thats the deal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just finished putting mine on last night. had the bumper and front skid powder coated locally. They did a nice job. Love the bumper.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Would you consider posting some pics of yours in this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/jcr-crusader-and-dagger-series-pic-request-192821.html

I'm still trying to decide which JCR I like the best.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I did it. I pulled the trigger and ordered front and rear Crusader bumpers. Now I am clueless when it comes to coatings. Is it paint or powercoat that has that wrinkle finish we see so much on Jeep parts?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
So I did it. I pulled the trigger and ordered front and rear Crusader bumpers. Now I am clueless when it comes to coatings. Is it paint or powercoat that has that wrinkle finish we see so much on Jeep parts?
Powder coating offers a wrinkle finish. You can get them sprayed with Line-x bedliner and it has a textured finishing to it, or you can use Rustoleum Textured Black paint paint if you want to do it on your own.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What's the advantage of powder coating it versus painting it? Does PC hold up better to the elements?
Well it really comes down to the quality of work the person does that does either finish. A spotty PC job will flake off. A spotty paint job will start to rust.

The nice thing about paint, it can be touched up. PC can not.

In the rust belt, I would steer away from PC.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I sprayed a set of bumpers I had on an XJ with 3M Rubberized coating and then a coat of flat black rustoleum.. Held up great on the trail as the rubberized stuff would "heal" itself.. Looked like textured PC as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts