Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy - I t-boned a lady who ran a red light last week- bent frame, pushed the motor back into the firewall, floorboards are buckled up, etc.

Any advice on whether this can be fixed ?

The lady responsible for the accident was uninsured and I only had liability so this is all out of pocket for me.

So I am looking for a body shop in the DFW area or a repairman who would give me an estimate of whether it would be cost effective for me to fix this up or if I should just go get a used jeep.

Thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Man, I'm sorry about your jeep. Hope you are OK. That's a lot of damage, I think she's done for. You may get it back on a salvage title if they give you enough for it but depending on the repair it might not be worth it. It buckled the tub if you are seeing it in the floor pan.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It is good that you are doing okay. With the damage and picture that you are describing, I would be looking to purchase another used Jeep.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Since I don't live there anymore, I can't help with the body shop. I'd say give Collins Bros a call and see who they recommend.

·
Registered
879 Posts
looks like a hard hit
but uninsured doesn't mean you can't sue her...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
That thing is totaled dude. It would make for a good buggy project but would be difficult to make it like it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts