Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Teraflex 2" spacer lift/level kit about two weeks after purchasing my Jeep. It came out just as I had hoped and was a nice level stance. So a few months later I added an after market front bumper and a winch. Immediately I noticed the front had came down and now sat lower than the rear again. After doing some reading on the forum here I went out and picked up a set of Rubicon X springs from a 2014 JKU. I put them on and they did help but the front is still lower than the rear and its driving me crazy. I'd prefer to just replace the front springs with something aftermarket that's taller and stiffer and remove the spacers. If not I guess I'll go with a 2.5" new setup all around with new springs and shocks. I really just need something that will support the additional weight I've added to the front. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm really liking my RK 1.5 springs, got a bumper, winch, front skid and side armor and it still holds me up right about 2" over stock

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been researching RK 1.5s. Few ques for you:
1) how's the onroad ride ? Want to maintain stock smooth ride
2) do the springs alone level ur jeep or do u run spacers also?
3) can u post a pic

Thx.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
I've been researching RK 1.5s. Few ques for you: 1) how's the onroad ride ? Want to maintain stock smooth ride 2) do the springs alone level ur jeep or do u run spacers also? 3) can u post a pic Thx.
1/ great ride. I've run the RK 2.5's back to back with EVO plush rides and first gen RK coils.
The new RK coils are multi rate. The soft section of the coils or ride rate.. Is I believe in the stock range (130-150 Lbs/in)
2) RK coils level the jeep. The 1.5's (2.5's 2 door) = 2" front 4 door and 3" front 2 door.
The synergy coils do not level the jeep, but I hear the ride is great. I would call to confirm .. I believe W/ the synergy coils you will have to order 1" higher w/ the front coils.
Example .. 2" you will want the 3" coils.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are you running just Rk 1.5 front springs? No spacer? What's your rear setup? Thanks so much guys

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I've been researching RK 1.5s. Few ques for you:
1) how's the onroad ride ? Want to maintain stock smooth ride
2) do the springs alone level ur jeep or do u run spacers also?
3) can u post a pic

Thx.
1.5 RK coils with bilstein shock. Winch and winch bumper on front end.

1.Ride is great. I can't compare to stock since I had spacers before but large improvement in ride on road compared to a spacer lift.
2. Vehicle is level. Only.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
That's how mine is sitting. It looks just right now.I'm afraid with a new rear bumper and carrier I may have to put a small puck on the rear, we'll see

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I have heavy bumpers. RK all the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts