Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler yj 4.2L 4wd.

got a few issues need to fix on my jeep. even tho my jeep looks in great condition. I need help fixing my 4wd my vacuum hoses are broken and i cant find where the one that goes to the engine should be replaced. i have seen diagrams and no luck locating it.

then i am running rich and my carb. doesnt seem to be leaking. but i failed smog and was told my FUEL EVAP CONTROL FUNTIONAL failed along with measuring high on my Co2 and HC (PMM).

i dont know if anyone can help me out, maybe someone lives close to help or know any good jeep repair shops that can tackle my probs

all help would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
I believe it is the red one firewall passenger side and crosses over behind engine to nipple on intake??Maybe my best from what I found all tore up in mine. Did a posi lock.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I have a 90 YJ with the 4.2 and have used a shop in Yucaipa, TCM Auto Services, with great success. They work on all cars, but the owner and mechanic both drive Jeeps, and they know their stuff. They were able to straighten out the mess my vacuum lines were in and tune the carb. I know they are a bit of a drive for you, but they will be able to help you.

TCM Auto
31145 Outer Hwy 10
Yucaipa, CA 92373
(909) 810-1467
http://www.tcmautoservices.com
Hours:
Mon-Fri 8 am - 5:30 pm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts