Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here's my situation, I lifted my 08' unlimited Sahara about 2 and a half months ago. I have a set of 315/70/17 tires on and it's been driving fine. Brakes have been just fine as well, however today as I turned on my car and pulled out of my neighborhood, 3 lights come on all at once and only come on after about hitting 10 mph. The ABS light, traction control light, and E-brake light all come on at once. The jeep drives just fine and there's no issues with the brakes. Any help?? The lights are all off once it's started but come on when in Drive and going about 10 mph as I stated.

·
Registered
801 Posts
check the negative terminal on your battery. this was a reoccurring problem for me and my negative battery cable was loose. Once I tightened it the problem disappeared.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. Those three lights is an odd combination, I have not seen them before.

ABS and e-brake: low fluid level

ABS and traction control: wheel-speed sensor issue

Those combinations above have their most common symptoms associated with the lights. First check your fluid level though. ABS and traction control are tied into the same system in modern vehicles, so maybe there is a low brake fluid level that is triggering all three lights.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Dropped mine off @ the dealer this morning for the same issue. Does the speedo also drop to zero when the lights come on? Mine does. In another thread, someone suggested a bad wheel speed sensor, which seems to make a lot of sense. I passed that on to the service adviser this morning. I'll post results when I hear back from them.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
check the negative terminal on your battery. this was a reoccurring problem for me and my negative battery cable was loose. Once I tightened it the problem disappeared.
Yup me too, I installed my CB and I didn't get teh negative cable tight. I think I Had the abs, traction control and sway bar lights all light at the same time. But anyway, check the battery connections first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this issue three weeks ago. I had just bought my jeep two weeks before and all of a sudden the ABS light and the traction light came on when I was backing up. I put it in drive and the ABS was engaging and stalling the acceleration. Pretty scary if you ask me because I was pulling out into traffic when it happened. It put it into a stall but then would let go at about 10MPH. I threw my code reader on it and was getting code U140C which was the passenger side rear speed sensor. They changed out the sensor and everything is fine, I'm just still a little gun shy of pulling out into traffic still.

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
Here's a photo as well
My 2010 did this a few weeks ago. I tried to have ABS codes pulled but the dealer wanted $150 just to hook up to it. The 4 wheel speed sensors only cost me $90 from my local O'rielly parts dealer so I just bought all 4 sensors and replaced them all. Lights are now out.
I thought about buying 1 front and one rear and swapping them if the 50/50 chance didn't work out the first time but just decided it was easier to do all of them.

BTW... Others advice to first check grounds and battery connections first is good advice so stary there.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Got my Wrangler back a few minutes ago. They say it was the brake pedal switch/sensor. Replaced P/N 4671336AD and said the problem is fixed. Time will tell!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had all 4 of mine come on. What was your fix? I'll test the other advice provided by everyone but figured I would also ask you. Mine is an 07 with all 4 lights just like your photo.
Hey man, this was actually super odd. After 4-5 months of driving around with them constantly on, they magically reset one day. I have literally no explanation for how it corrected itself. Since then, they have not turned back on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man, this was actually super odd. After 4-5 months of driving around with them constantly on, they magically reset one day. I have literally no explanation for how it corrected itself. Since then, they have not turned back on.
Hmm. Did you replace your battery around that time? I'm just wondering what would cause it to "reset" like that. That is odd. Thanks for the reply! I was just quoted $600 for new ABS Module / programming and taxes. That may be fair but it just seems like something that shouldn't be happening in the first place since it runs like normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had all 4 of mine come on. What was your fix? I'll test the other advice provided by everyone but figured I would also ask you. Mine is an 07 with all 4 lights just like your photo.
I have he same problem... Did you ever figure i ou?

·
Registered
788 Posts
My code came on at two different times a couple months apart. The only thing in common was driving on very hot days. Tried to get it looked at but the dealership had a two week backlog and I didn’t have a code reader.
It never came back. It was the original battery so I figured it might have been a weak battery in the heat. Either way I put in a new battery in February so I’ll see what happens this summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm. I have new battery, new military style terminals, checked grounds to pcm, tipm, replaced ignition switch, still, when I hit 10 mph the four lights pop up.... at my wits end!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm. I have new battery, new military style terminals, checked grounds to pcm, tipm, replaced ignition switch, still, when I hit 10 mph the four lights pop up.... at my wits end!
now I pulled and cleaned all 4 abs sensors... still no relief... what is next? replace PCM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
And Now..... drove for 15 miles.... tried cycling the 4wd on and off, and lights went off.... argh! does anybody know the root cause????

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got the same problem right now. 07 JKU. Problem first started late last week. After a similar experience in my truck awhile back, I topped off the brake fluid to see if that would fix it. Then I went to start it and the battery was dead. Jumped it and drove to O'Reilly to get a new battery. O'Reilly didn't have a code reader for ABS, but said battery was shot so I replaced it.

Anyway, as I drove away from O'Reilly, same lights came back on. The next day I had someone read the codes and it was C2200. He cleared code and it came back.

So, I really think this is related to the battery going dead, but not sure why it is still happening after replacing the battery. I might try checking grounds, etc. and maybe the speed sensors.

Everything seems to be working fine. Not noticing any problems driving. Even cruise control works.

One other thing I've read is that the system can re-learn after driving about 200 miles. I've gone about 120 since the new battery.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts