Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '17 JKU Sahara stock with 255 70 r18s. Is my daily driver, in SC so little or no snow, mainly rain and rare ice, occasional off road trail rides. Know someone that works for Yokohama and can possibly get a set wholesale priced. Here is my dilemma, I really like the look of the MTs but they don't come in this size. The ATs do, and my mind says they would do fine, but heart doesn't like the look as much, but haven't seen them on a jeep actually so not really sure.

My questions/ thoughts are:

Do I just go with the ATs?

If the MTs are really good price, do I spring for new rims, say 17 in? I assume I am looking for 255 75 r17s or so?

Is there a MT that would fit on my stock JKU and 18 in rims?

Or any other comments welcome....

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
I have a '17 JKU Sahara stock with 255 70 r18s. Is my daily driver, in SC so little or no snow, mainly rain and rare ice, occasional off road trail rides. Know someone that works for Yokohama and can possibly get a set wholesale priced. Here is my dilemma, I really like the look of the MTs but they don't come in this size. The ATs do, and my mind says they would do fine, but heart doesn't like the look as much, but haven't seen them on a jeep actually so not really sure.

My questions/ thoughts are:

Do I just go with the ATs?

If the MTs are really good price, do I spring for new rims, say 17 in? I assume I am looking for 255 75 r17s or so?

Is there a MT that would fit on my stock JKU and 18 in rims?

Or any other comments welcome....
Get the 275/65-18! Same diameter and no issues running that size. They even look better... ;)

Reactions: 3cutiger

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quick question(s)

Get the 275/65-18! Same diameter and no issues running that size. They even look better... ;)
Thanks for the info!

Newb question, would those fit on my current rims being a little wider (10 vs 10.8)? Assuming no spacers needed?

Did the conversion and looks like both are 32.1 diam, so wouldn't have to make any speedometer adjustments etc right? Any other pitfalls? (ABS etc?)

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Newb question, would those fit on my current rims being a little wider (10 vs 10.8)? Assuming no spacers needed?

Did the conversion and looks like both are 32.1 diam, so wouldn't have to make any speedometer adjustments etc right? Any other pitfalls? (ABS etc?)
Every Jeep is a little different, but on paper, no issues. Usually, we run up to a 285 wide without rubbing and these are narrower than that... No other pitfalls.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again!!!

Every Jeep is a little different, but on paper, no issues. Usually, we run up to a 285 wide without rubbing and these are narrower than that... No other pitfalls.
Thanks so much for the info, just to make sure, 7.5 wide rims are good right? site I'm looking at recommending 8.0. Just want to be safe being these are tires, not talking about non safety body armor or something LOL

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
Thanks so much for the info, just to make sure, 7.5 wide rims are good right? site I'm looking at recommending 8.0. Just want to be safe being these are tires, not talking about non safety body armor or something LOL
All good! Approved width is 7.5 to 9.0.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts