Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are really struggling in deciding between two vehicles. This will be my wife's jeep and she won't be doing too much offroading.

1st Jeep - $45K plus registration no tax
MSRP - $53k (optional extended warranty for $1,300 7 yr/70,000 miles bumper to bumper)
(seller already accepted my $45K offer)
2018 JL Rubicon - private party (never off-road, no scratches)
- White
- 6 cyl.
- 5,000 miles
- looks brand new, they have 2 other very expensive vehicles and want another one
- LED Package
- Premium Audio Package
- leather
- sky one-touch

2nd Jeep - $48.9 out the door (MSRP $49.9k)
New 2020 Sahara Altitude
- White
- 2.0 4 cyl.
- 10 miles
- Premium Audio Package
- leather
- sky one-touch

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have you driven both these Jeeps on the HWY? I have herd that this top is quite loud.
I do think your wife would like the Sahara better.

·
Super Moderator
2,003 Posts
:welcome:

I’d take the Rubicon. 5k miles is nothing.

V6, 4.10 gears, f/r lockers, 4:1 t-case for less money than the Sahara. Yes please.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Rubicon. It'll have better resale value down the road.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In today's world you can negotiate a much better price on both! Offer 5k less than you planned and stand firm. 50k lol

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I would go for the Ruby. V6 is proven. With 4.11's you won't ever need gears unless you go to 37's. You still have plenty of the 3-36 left. But, the seller is looking at a very small market. How many people have 45K to spend on a 2 year old jeep. You offered 45K and he took it so you kind of have to man up to it if you choose that one. He probably won't sell it for a while with the virus. 45K is a little much IMO. Have him buy the extended warranty for you to seal the deal.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I’d go with the rubicon but that price is high. Around here you can at least get 10% off sticker for brand new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE- we decided to pass on the Rubi for $45k. I agree with everyone about the cost seeming high, especially given the current situation. The problem is finding Sahara’s or Rubicon’s with the 1-touch feature.

There is a new silver Sahara with the 1-touch and every option that I like. It has the 2.0 i4 which I didn’t realize until yesterday requires premium fuel, so that kind of negates the improved fuel economy. MSRP $52.7, sale price $44.3. Out the door $49k. There is also a used 2019 White Sahara with 12k miles, V6, all the features we like for $37k, out the door would be about $40k. The only downside to this white one is the tan leather seats. To me it just looks so out of place. I’m currently researching to see how easy it would be to exchange them for either black leather or cloth. I’ve seen Sahara OEM cloth take-offs on eBay for $200, taken off a new Jeep. Not sure if the cloth is okay with the cold weather package. This is the only vehicle that I prefer cloth to leather.

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
I’ve owned many Wranglers with saddle leather; I too think it looks classy. White and saddle in particular.

Yes, swapping the leather on the seats is pretty easy. Budget between $1,000 and $1,200 to have it done professionally.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts