Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was planning to buy new Nitto Grappler G2 size 285/70r17. I currently have stock tires and wheels on my 2015 jeep...I wanted to know if these are good tires.
I do not go much off roading...need an aggressive look to my jeep without lift and spacers...do you think it's the right choice cuz these are affordable as well...please help me

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Good tire, just remember that it's an E range tire so it will ride a bit rougher than stock. Stiffer side walls, less flex.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim...I have very limited knowledge but the tires and ranges could you please elaborate a bit about the range...will flexibility be a major issue and how much diff in mileage will I be expecting?
Thanks again for the information.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also would like to add...its a new jeep and only reason I am planning to change is to get a aggressive n rough look

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nitto's are great tires! I have the first generation Terra Grappler on my 2006 Dodge 2500 for winter driving and the Trail Grappler for summer fun. I will eventually have them on the Jeep when these wear out. My only issue with the first generation tires was in the mud. They didn't clean out very well and turned into ice-skates on one excursion pulling a trailer. The G2 is supposed to have better clean out capabilities but if your going to be doing any mudding I would say go for something a little more aggressive like the Trail Grappler there not as loud as you would think!

As far as load range goes Jim is correct they will ride much firmer because they are a 10ply rated tire but you may be able to play with the air pressure a little bit to help minimize the issues. I would also recommend that no matter what tire you end up with that you have them installed by a reputable shop that does Road Force Balancing. It will help minimize any uniformity issues right out of the gate. Also ask them what your options are if you don't like them? According to the Nitto website they will replace any tire for "ride disturbance or non-uniformity" if the tire hasn't had more than 1/32 of tread worn off of it but you want the shop to tell you what their going to do because ultimately you will have to deal with them so you should know your options right up front because 1/32 goes really fast!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Good tire, just remember that it's an E range tire so it will ride a bit rougher than stock. Stiffer side walls, less flex.
Not necessarily, the G2s come in a P rated tire too. They would be perfect for the OP. I personally love mine.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
OP are you going with the cheaper P range or the more expensive E range? If the latter, I'd suggest the BFG KO2 and the price is similar with the current rebate program.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was planning on getting the nitto grappler G2's...they are abt $205 a piece...so I guess it's the cheaper one...does that mean lower mileage?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kinda in the same boat as OP. I can't decide between Duratracs, KO2 and Nitto G2. The price spread is roughly 300 for each set with Nitto being the most. I have read the forums, reviews and still can't decide. My wheelin consist of moderate trails, no rocks and plenty of snow during the winter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm...nor am I much into off roading...just moderate trails and snow in winter...I guess the G2's will be good enough

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you have the BFG KM for stock? If so your ride should quiet down a little bit. The Terra is a good all around tire and the improved G2 makes it a good choice in its price range.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have Goodyear on stock...the factory ones...planning to get G2's. Now feel mich more comfortable buying them haha..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts