Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this happen last year (I think), bc it made the same sound on the front right suspension. I took it to the shop, and I think they said it was a rubber bushing that had rotted and broke in two and needed replaced. It was stock and never replaced. Jeep is 2010 JK Wrangler. Now, the same sound happening on the front left susp. but I would prefer to make the repair myself, if I knew what to do. (I will post audio of the sound, if requested.) Can anyone guide me? Thanks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
That is a pretty vague statement. So basically you did not pay attention to what they did on the right side last year? You have a repair invoice that lists the part or more detailed with what they did?

Is the click there as your wheels turn or when the suspension travels over a bump? If it is when the wheels turn, something as stupid as having a rock stuck in the tread can cause a clicking sound.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the strut mount insulator. Can I change this on my own? I don't have shop tools or a garage lift, just some standard wrenches, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts